Sunday, June 28, 2009

Erm...excuse me, but they're Shetland Sheepdogs

I refer to my post below - and, more specifically, the part about the miniature Collies. We managed to flag down an old lady the other day who was walking her mini Collie. While she was more than pleased to let us take pictures of her prize dog; she wasted no time informing us that they weren't Collies, but Shetland Sheepdogs.

Erm....

That might explain why I couldn't find any pictures of these hounds on the net ... and almost convinced myself that they did not exist and I had, in fact, imagined the whole lot.

P260609_20.07

P260609_20.07_[01]

Armed with my newly-acquired knowledge, I was able to find a picture of a Shetland sitting next to a Collie just to give you an idea as to why I would have come to my mini-Collie conclusion.

Shetland

They still look like mini Collies to me…

Shetland1

And damn are they cute!

3 comments:

  1. They DO look like collies! I had to google them to see for myself :) Ah well.

    Cheer up kid,

    I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny I thought they were called mini collies too

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was just walking my dog the other day and i saw one too and thought the same thing! lol!

    ReplyDelete